Gujarat State Govt. proposes three new medical colleges

Date: 12-Oct-2019

The Gujarat State Government has recommended the Central Government to start three new medical colleges in districts of Narmada, Porbandar and Navsari.

According to the Deputy CM and Minister of Health and Medical Education, Mr. Nitin Patel, the Central Government had decided in August this year to start 75 new medical colleges in the country in areas where such facilities are not available. The Gujarat State had been asked to select five districts where there is a need for setting up of medical colleges.

According to Mr. Nitin Patel, the State has selected three districts out of five places, while the remaining two places will be decided shortly. The State Government is willing to start new medical colleges in Morbi, Mahisagar, Botad, Devbhoomi Dwarka and Aravalli as well.

He stated that under the scheme, 60% of the total expenses in setting up of medical colleges will be contributed by the Central Government while the remaining 40% will be borne by the State Government. Of the total cost of Rs. 325 crores, the Central Government will spend Rs. 195 crore and the State Government will spend Rs. 130 crores.


Source: TOI

Related News

Date: 10-12-2019

NEET UG 2020 Registration Process begins for MBBS Aspirants

The National Testing Agency (NTA) has started NEET UG 2020 registration process from 2 December 2019. NEET 2020 shall be conducted on 3 May 2020.

Read More ...

Date: 30-10-2019

5000 Nursing Seats Remaining Vacant in Private Colleges

Even after conducting three walk-in counselling sessions in the last one month to fill vacant seats, 103 Private Nursing Colleges have about 5000 vacant seats.

Read More ...

Date: 26-10-2019

Private Medical Colleges can charge only 1st year fee

The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) has asked Private medical and dental colleges in India to charge fee for only the first year from students at the time of admission.

Read More ...

Date: 22-10-2019

IITK to start Undergraduate Medical Course in 2021-22

Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT Kharagpur) is likely to start MBBS course with an initial intake capacity of 50 students from the academic year 2021-22.

Read More ...

NEWS Categories